H anlon Mortuary was established in 1908 by Earl Hanlon and his son, Lawrence, in Willard, New Mexico inside the Trading Company store. They built the Mountainair location in 1946 which is still in operation today.
The Hanlon’s sold the mortuary to Jim Douglas in 1972. Mr. Douglas established the second mortuary in Moriarty, New Mexico.
On April 1, 1976 Rex and Lola Harris bought both mortuaries and changed the business name to Harris-Hanlon Mortuary. Rex and Lola operated both businesses for the next 15 years. They have always been well respected and liked in both communities and continue to prepare pre-need arrangements for Harris-Hanlon.
On October 1, 1991 Larry Preston, his wife Trudy and their son Grant bought the Harris-Hanlon Mortuaries. The Preston family continued to remodel and update both facilities. Larry and Trudy retired in 1998 and Trudy passed away on May 15, 2000. Grant and his wife, Karen, now own and operate both mortuaries.